Saturday, February 14, 2009

Oh Valentine!


Happy Valentine's Day!

I have loved hearing my offspring use that phrase so generously today with all whom they have come in contact with.  Reminds me that we don't share kind words or looks with others as we should.  

I am not the one that remembers these kinds of holidays.  Mr. Finn is by far the more romantic one and I for ONE am grateful, although it makes me feel incredibly guilty for being so lame/forgetful.  Take your pick.

I knew the night he took me to dinner at Greer Lodge that I was supposed to be with him.  Why it took this many years after he tried to get me to marry him, I do not know.  I just know this is where I am supposed to be and even though I am not the best wife, I do love him and appreciate how he takes care of his family.  

HE IS an honorable man.  Not an overly cute and cuddly type, but steady and constant.  That is a compliment to who he is.  It can be a bit exasperating for someone with my temperament, but at the end of the day, I am glad he comes home to me...

...with my sweats and all!

4 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

The photo is very you....love it...

Anonymous said...

It was called Firestorm and I think every couple needs to watch it, it has a little back acting at the beginning, but then as the message starts, you over look that. It is a Christian based movie and it is awesome. Watch it asap.

The Sorensen Family said...

Just wanted to pop in and finally say thanks for the blog award. Now if I could only find the time to blog about it, LOL!

Looks like you guys had a great Valentines Day. I too enjoyed hearing my children deliver a Happy Valentines message to everyone we saw. Wish I still had that kind of carefree nature. Take care!

Shannon said...

Happy Valentine's day, a bit belated. Love the picture of you and your hubby, and your new background!