Friday, February 20, 2009

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn.


We are off to the infamous Omaha, Nebraska.  We have wanted to go for a while and since we made our move from out west, have not been through Omaha.  The only thing I remember about it was our first taste of Famous Dave's Ribs.  Yummmmmy!

We want the children to see the Winter Quarters Temple and visit the Cemetery.  I hear it is the place to go.  

The Dude is beside himself with glee and anticipation.  He loves Hotels.  He keeps saying, "Remember when I watched a movie in the Hotel?"  I love it!  Miss Boo is equally as excited because they usually have pools and she will do anything to do some swimming.

I am not ashamed to admit that I have been holding it over their heads to get them to stop fighting and get along.  It seems to be working and has even stopped a cry midstream.  Makes one wish for that much power all the time.  Well, maybe just a little...

We will be back in time for a Princess Party at Rosey's friend Sophie's house on Saturday.  Short trip, but with two little kids, it is about all they can handle before they want the comfort of their own things around them again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip, I too will do anything for a good swim a hotel room. Call me when you are back. Have fun.

Tamaratravel said...

Have fun....the car will be interesting..hopefully not too many " Are we there Yet"s...

Shannon said...

Have fun! I hope you post a picture of the temple - I'd love to see it. :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes its SO nice to have something to "bribe" with. Just tonight I did it with popsicles!!! :) Have a fun trip! Cant wait to see the pictures!!!