Thursday, May 5, 2011

Not so black and white

Mr. Finn arrived home on Friday afternoon after 3 long weeks in the frozen tundra.  We needed some family time.

We had a great weekend with friends and then just by ourselves.  I loved spending time seeing new things and that is something that Mr. Finn and I have in common.

You know those signs you see on the side of the road for "interesting" sights.  We try to make a point of stopping at one of those every so often.  Or sometimes, we backtrack when we have time to one of those places we have seen while passing by to enjoy what it has to offer.

This time it was The Russell Stover Factory.  Yummm!  No need to say more.  That is a pretty black and white statement, I am quite sure.


Then we hit Fort  Riley.

I love architecture and the richness in which things were built in the past.  I think that most things are built for efficiency now and have lost their warmth.
I wanted to remember everything.
Especially the buildings.
It makes me giddy.
Can you feel it?
I want to wake up and see this everyday.
You lucky military folks that live in the housing in front of all this.
And of course,  Chief.  He is buried in front of this statue.
Lucky Horse.
It was one of the most relaxing days we have had in a long time.

Maybe it was the beauty.

But for the Dude...
It was all about the Tanks.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I love old buildings, too... and chocolate. :) But like the Dude, my boys would be all in it for the guns! Glad you had a fun family day.

Margaret in WV said...

Then you're gonna have to come see our 120 year old farmhouse -we'll even let you check out the old rock/log foundation under the house!

Love you!

Ben and Laurie said...

I like how you took the photos in black and white. It gives a sense of what the architecture really felt like. Cute tank pic!

Anonymous said...

That is such a fun idea to do! Good for you guys! It looks like ALOT of fn adventures happen! The little Dude is ADORABLE with the tank! Too fun!

Tamaratravel said...

Love the black and white perspective...I would love to go and see all the old sites you have out there..How fun and yummy...