Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Teachers...

Miss Boo has a wonderful teacher.  For that matter, all her teachers have been great and the Dude's are the ones she has had, so you can imagine how good he has it.  We have been very blessed with our children's educators.  Never enough said about them!

I found this divine little saying on Positively Splendid. (her website is here.)  I love what she did, but I lack the Cricut, so I improvised and created this in Print Explosion.  If I could figure out Photo Shop, I would have tried there first, but this works fairly well.  I am going to paint a frame I bought at a yard sale for .50 in a splendid shade of black.  Maybe rough it up a bit and put this little dandy in the middle.
This isn't the final draft.  I changed the font a little and lined up the words better.  If you want a PDF of it, just give me a holler and I'll get it to you lickety split.
I love how it turned out and am going to make a couple for The Dude's teacher and his favorite assistant, Mrs. Hall.  He totally adores her and I can tell she has a soft spot for him.  After all, she finally got him to be classroom helper.  He would do most anything for her.

I have a lot of things to do and not a very good attitude.  I am feeling a little down on humanity today.  It never ceases to amaze me how sad it makes me feel when someone is unkind to another.

Maybe finishing this will pick my spirits up.  Miss Boo is sick and the Dude is getting over whatever he gave her.

I believe we will be sleeping in tomorrow.  Ahhhhh!

Sounds like a good plan.

Pictures of the finished product tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I want one for sure! I think that is the cutest idea EVER! You are SO creative! It would be perfect for Connor's preschool teacher! Hope your day is better and know that you are AMAZING.....always!!!

Steven, Kimberly and Gavin said...

i have a cricut you can you use.

Shannon said...

Love it! And you. :) I hope everyone in your house is better SOON!