Friday, August 28, 2009

What's your Passion?


I would love to say I am passionate about....well, anything. I'm not sure if that is a quality that I possess. I enjoy certain things, but when I think of passion, I think of "burning desire". I would love to have this characteristic. I know people that possess it and they are electric to be around. Sometimes a bit exhausting as well, but more often I feel alive around them.

My children are passionate about things that drive me crazy at this point. Things that I wish they would like a lot less. Yet, I don't want to drive this passion out of them as it will make them "electric" adults.

It is a great quality to have. Imagine all the creative and wonderful things that are accomplished in the lives of those that possess it?!

Can it be imitated or is it something you have to be born with? I wish it were as simple as rubbing against a passionate soul. I think it is because I haven't found that something that ignites mine on a constant basis.

As I am writing this post I realize that I am passionate about my children. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. I guess it's like anything else, it is where and how that passion is directed whether it is good or bad.

Decorating does that for me also. I don't get to do it often, so it is something I don't get to exercise. Maybe that is the key...exercise! Do what makes you feel passionate and you may become such?! Hmmmm...one for the thinking block.

I still want to feel like I am on fire more often than I do. It is electrifying to have all those neurons firing in unison. Definitely something to work at.

So, I want to know, what's your passion?

2 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

My passion is sleep..can't get enough of it..life rotates around mom's nap...

Shannon said...

I don't necessarily consider myself passionate, either, especially if it involves "evangelizing". But I am highly enthusiastic about the gospel, my family, friends, cooking/baking, crafting/decorating, thrifting/antiquing and the color red. Fun thing to ponder.
p.s. if I remember correctly, you are passionate about cleaning! ;)