Monday, August 17, 2009

This too shall last?


I woke up this morning excited to see my little girl off to her first day of Kindergarten. I was taken by surprise at the emotion that welled up in me as I was getting her ready. It wasn't that she was going to school, it was that she was growing up. (I told someone the other day the only tear I would have taking her to school would be from pulling a ham string sprinting out the front door past the crying mothers.) She looked like a little lady posing for her 1st day pictures. It was the first time that she really got into it. She wasn't even arguing, which is a norm for all things associated with school.

I was taken aback by how much she has changed since her last day of school in May. How does that happen? Too many hours at home with Mom that one is forced to grow up?!

We left the house in pouring rain and as a result I had to hustle her in to school and forgot my camera and then out because there were many other parents waiting to drop off their children. She got a little panicky as I walked out, but Mrs. Clement assured me that she had a great day with no tears.


A victory for Miss Boo.

And now to see if this too shall last.

p.s. Miss Boo actually sat down for a haircut yesterday and we got about 4 -5 inches off. She was a trooper.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

She is GORGEOUS! It's a good thing you have that gun... :) I am glad she had a great first day.

Enid said...

I am SO proud of her. she is really growing up. Glad she had a good day.

SwedenMissionaryMom said...

Yay for first days of Kindergarten!! Such a magical time for kids and parents!! New people to meet and worlds to explore. She is adorable.

Tamaratravel said...

wow..tomorrow she will be graduating from College..time flies by too fast...She looks adorable...

Steven, Kimberly and Gavin said...

SHe looks so much like you BEAUTIFUL... I could just squeeze her if she'd let me lol.