Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ice Cream Love


I am laying on the couch with Miss Boo and she is telling me about how wonderful it was when I brought her a cup of chocolate ice cream. Very kind and special she says. I tell her she is welcome.

She then tells me how she is going to do that with her little girl someday. And that when she gets bigger her "chi chi's" are going to get bigger and she will have milk come out of them to feed her baby. That's right Mom, isn't it? I nod yes all the while laughing on the inside as she continues her train of thought and ending with, "It was so nice that you brought me chocolate ice cream".

I learned a lesson about my little girl during this experience. Doing acts of kindness are required for a relationship to grow and to be full of love and compassion. I forgot who she is. She is a child of God just like me and requires the same things I do to feel special and important.

Here's to more ice cream given with love.

4 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

I love it when they want to carry the tradition on to their kids..you know you did something bad when they say.."I'm not doing that to my kids.".....

Shannon said...

I have always loved the quote "actions speak louder than words". You and "Miss Boo" proved it true! She is learning to be kind because she has a kind mama. You are awesome!

Shannon said...

p.s. - I never got back to you about the paint. Do you have a picture of the blue? I love warm browns, too; mixed with the right blue I can envision a very soothing room....

Boons said...

What a great lesson! I don't know about you, but I have many of those humbling experiences, even on the hardest of days. I am grateful for things our children can teach us what we wouldn't learn if we didn't have them in our lives. Thanks for sharing the ice cream story.