Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just one more hug...

I remember so little of going to school as a child. We didn't have preschool back then, but am ecstatic that children at 3 can have that opportunity. I am inclined to believe a mother created this program. Not because she didn't want to have her children at home longer than necessary, or maybe not. (We all have these days when we wish them some place else.) But, because there is a desire in these little people to achieve more than the norm.

Our little guy is not any different. He was so excited to be going to his class. I told him that he was going to learn to write his own name. That is huge to him. No tears, just 1 High-Five, 2 hugs and 2 kisses for me on the cheek. He said I was going to need them. And then he trotted off on his journey to grow up.




When I came to pick him up, I found him doing everything but standing up. He had learned all he needed to this day and was amusing himself. I have no idea what book they were reading, but he was not interested.
This picture makes my heart skip a beat every time I look at it. He was so happy to see me! I felt the same way!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a sweet, sweet smile. He looks proud and excited.

Anonymous said...

Well after watching Ms. Boo for 18 months or so the Dude is off the bench and in the Game!!!

SwedenMissionaryMom said...

I really did enjoy it when my kids went to pre school....Sounds like you guys are doing great. He looks just like a mini-Ralph.

Mac said...

SO cute, and so sad they grow up way to fast. Will you email pics of mac from the fashion show. thanks