Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trip to the frozen tundra

Miss Boo celebrated her birthday in the land of the frozen tundra.  We tried to make sure they/she had a good time.

Our first trip was to Lego Land.  How can you go wrong?
I think it is amazing what you can do with legos.
And lots of time.
And money.
Have you seen how much legos cost these days?
 The Dude was so excited about all the lego computer games.
 What a fun place for kids.
 This was hovering above us.  Totally cool!
 Even Mr. Finn found his inner child.
The Dude could hardly handle all the fun and passed out.  It reminded me of when he was little and he would slump over in his seat.  So precious.
 Miss Boo decided to eat at Red Robin for her birthday.  She anxiously waited for them to come and sing her happy birthday.  They didn't disappoint.
 They brought her a sundae to celebrate and she couldn't stop talking about it.   All night long after we had left she would say, "Can you believe that they brought me a sundae for my birthday?  I love sundaes.".
 Since it was close to Easter, all I could find was easter cakes at the store.  She was so excited because the Grandma's sent her money and she used it to buy a pillow pet.  And the cake matched.  Too funny.
 We went to visit the lockes between the Twin Cities and it was a bit colder than we had anticipated.  Miss Boo borrowed my scarf and Dad's gloves.  What a sight!
 Dad showing them the falls.  Kids love water.
 I drug the kids to the zoo on the only day that could be classified as "warm-ish".  It's a good thing the zoo was small, because it was a bit chilly.

I am fascinated with gorillas so you get to see my favorite pictures.  He is magnificent.  They were throwing mud at each other, which was amusing for me.

 The Dude is part "vampire".  He really doesn't like the sun in his eyes.  Can you tell how much there was that day?  Not much, but apparently those baby blues just can't handle it.
It was good to spend time with Mr. Finn, but we are so glad to be home.  It is a cold place up there and the hotel isn't big enough for a 5 and 7 year old that are very full of life.

I can't believe our children are so grown up.  They are great kids and I am so glad they are mine.

Even on the days that I am not so happy with them.  And them with me.

I do realize this isn't that entertaining, but someday my children will be happy that their Mom recorded all these events in their life.  That is what I tell Mr. Finn when I am snapping all those pictures.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I saw on the news last night that Lego has created a complete Royal Wedding, right down to the Queen Mum's crown. I guess that is how you know if you have "made it" - you get recreated in Legos!
It looks like you guys had a very fun time.

Anonymous said...

She left out the three of the most exciting events. The fire alarm at the Children's Museum and meeting Maggie and Buster. Oh and Ryan got to play on a real drum set. Mostly I am grateful Miss Boo was willing to forgo a Birthday Party to spend her birthday with Dad. It does not get any better than that.- Mr. Finn

Ben and Laurie said...

That Lego display IS amazing! Your camera catches it better than mine did. I'm glad you had a fun trip and got to spend Easter with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

I am SO amazed! We want to go there SO bad! Every time Connor sees it he asks when he can go! It looks like you had SO much fun even despite the cold!