Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Day of Memorium


The saturday before Memorial Day we piled into the folks vehicle
and headed to Alpine, AZ to the family grave yard.  I have 
never been part of the group that goes and so this was a new
experience for me and the children.   They loved being part of
cleaning and placing of new flowers on the graves.
I enjoyed the stories by MomE about family relatives and such.  I particularly
enjoyed her acting out the parts with such conviction.
And of course...the men stood here in the spot this entire time
watching us work and talking amongst themselves.  Hmmmmmmm!

4 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

Boy you know you are in Arizona if the cemetary has no grass...It is a beautiful area though..Alot of my father's family is buried in that area...It's nice to see the care taken for those who have passed..

Will and Marcie Davis said...

Is this in a cemetary! I've never seen one like that! Interesting! Its always nice to here the fun stories! :)

Shannon said...

I was puzzled by all of the dirt until I saw Tamara's comment; being a Seattle girl, I assumed every cemetary had rolling green hills, haha.
What a great thing to do with your kids!

Anonymous said...

All The men bud the Dude that is. He was right in the mix of thing.
-Mr. Finn