Wednesday, June 10, 2009

If Only...


I have been sitting her trying to think of something interesting to write. For the life of me I can't think of anything that I THINK you would want to read.

I feel as if I run all day long and the days are too short. I used to try to think of things during the day to write about that would be entertaining in some way. I have come to the conclusion that I am not a writer. It is one of the things that I wish I could answer differently.

I also want to say "YES" to being a singer...a pianist...an actress...the list goes on.

I do though, encircle myself with FRIENDS that possess these qualities and I live vicariously through them.

For instance, Kirsten sings so beautifully that it has made me cry. Actually real tears of joy and pride for her gift. She also acts and I have enjoyed many a play in the audience, if not helping with makeup just to be in the mix of it.

Leisel plays the piano gracefully and makes it look so simple. She has shared this gift with me at mission farewells and returns for instance. She also scrap books with a talent that makes me BELIEVE if even for that moment that I could do it.

Stacey is an entertaining writer and I long for her to write a book with her musings. I would be the first one in line to buy it and would devour each page with shear delight.

MomE can cut hair. Not like I do, real hair styles that I like. She can sing, play the piano and scrapbook. And...she loves my children. She is their Grandmother, but she truly loves them and they KNOW it.

I could go on and on with this list of those that have talents and I don't. Then I realized that my talent is that I discern that of others and bask in their light. That is enough for me. I have my gifts. They are not as discernible to the naked eye, but they are there and I am grateful to have them.

I give thanks to a loving Heavenly Father that gave me what I have and the knowledge to see them for what they are. Friends and their talents, as well as my own.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

You have many gifts my friend. You are not only a great friend but a wonderful mother. You are a great example to me as you show so much patience with your children. You are understanding and love them unconditionally. You are a great listener and helping others through things. By the way, your talent is in your craftiness, decorating skills, making your house a home and your thrifty shopping techniques. Yes, that too is a talent.
One more thing, I love your cooking. I often make your fettacine alfredo recipe. It is SO good. I make it when I have company, it always impresses guests. So easy too.
Miss you

Kelley said...

Hmm, it sounds like I need your fettucine alfredo recipe.

I think you are wonderful!

Shannon said...

ditto to the comment left by Jenny, and I must add organized, self-disciplined and extremely witty to the list!
oh, and I have a great idea for your next post: how about that fettuccine recipe? :)

Tamaratravel said...

you are the go-to girl...ask and it will be done..that's talent...plus all the other stuff mentioned...you rock....

Enid said...

I just read your blog and it made me cry for all the nice things you said about me. But I need to let you know that you are a truly wonderful person. I enjoy talking to you regarding spiritual things and your knowledge amazes me. You are a good mother and your home has a feeling of peace. You are always there when someone needs them. I could go on and on. But always remember you have a lot of talents!! I love you! And oh by the why I enjoy reading your blog you have a way of expressing your self that it is fun to read.

SwedenMissionaryMom said...

Ditto to the above comments..I think you have many attributes that I admire..weather you recognize them or not! Thanks for saying those nice things about me (the check is in the mail!!) And thanks for being one of my bestest friends!