Monday, March 30, 2009

Grand Scheme

There are times in parenting when you question several things.  Like for instance:

1.  Why did I have children.  Yeah, yeah, I know I prayed for them, but why did you pick this time to listen.  

2.  Do I really know what I am doing?  You wouldn't think it would be hard, we are adults, right?  More life experience.

3.  Why don't I just give them what they want and the NOISE will go away?  That couldn't end badly right?

4.  Why can't I have a split personality that can deal with this issue right now?  I have a feeling that would go badly.


And then there are days when that adorable little offspring that you prayed so hard for comes running in the room giggling with favorite blankey under shirt.  (she said it was funny to have a fat belly.)  So happy to have figured out something new that quite positively you are seeing for the first time in your life....

...and then one bonks his head on the side rail of the bed and that moment passes...
 
...and you switch hats to be the healer of all bad things...

...which leads to hugs and kisses...

...and you KNOW that all those things that you question don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Because this face has become the healer of all bad things.

4 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

just make sure you don't move onto the grandma stage too soon with that one...Imagination gone wild....

Shannon said...

What a sweet post; as you know, the years when mommy-kisses solve all of their problems are fleeting.

p.s. - even Rosie's pout is cute!

grandmadebbie said...

so sweet. Love that cute little girl and those big brown eyes. they are so much fun. what great Blessings.

thehallebunch2 said...

Oh my goodness mom!! I see you right there!