Sunday, March 8, 2009

Real or Memorex


I wish I were better at writing on my blog. There are days I sit here and can't think of even one interesting thing that has/is happening in my life. It is completely PATHETIC!

There was a day when everyday was an adventure. Or, at least I thought so. I USED to have so many memories of good times, but I have to admit that they are fading with time. Could it possibly be that those memories don't hold as much value as they once did? I used to remember everything about my childhood, adolescent years and post High School days, but those vivid stories of my life are dimming in my mind.

I know my life has great meaning and the stories are there, but I can't seem to pull them out of my exhausted mind. My fear is that I won't remember them to put them down for my children to remember.

Their lives are important and the stories that are created daily need a voice.

Just now, as I was putting the Dude back in bed for the 7th, 8th, 20th time. Who keeps count anymore?! I swatted him on the bum, I have to follow through on my threats every so often. He looks up at me and says "That wasn't nice, now you have to kiss my BUM!". So, I kiss his bum. He tells me that I didn't kiss his bum. For heavens sake...I know where his bum is and I kissed semi close to it. I had to kiss it 3 times as he giggled. Such the serious Mommy that I am.

He is becoming the teller of stories when it is time for him to be sleeping. It always starts with, "Remember when...." Tonight it was remember when the two of us surprised the two of you? I said I remembered it. We have many of those moments in his room. He loves to yell surprise. Then he hold us two fingers on his right hand and says "remember the two us" and then holds up two fingers on his left hand and says, "remember the two of you?" I nod my head and then he explains that one of those fingers was his sister and the other one was HIM, pointing to himself. He did the same for mommy and daddy. I love to see how he grasps concepts at such a young age. I am impressed with him.

I hope he continues to be a teller of stories and much more importantly, a documenter of such stories.

My brain is in a fog from the lack of sleep last night due to thunderstorms that the Dude is terrified of and the daylight savings that is done for the sole purpose of driving me completely insane.

I will get it together and make more sense tomorrow....I hope.

3 comments:

Brian and Leilani said...

I've been having the same problem lately with coming up with things to blog. I always enjoy reading your blog, no matter how insignificant you think it may or may not be. :) Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Tamaratravel said...

the importance of journal writing comes to life..little things about Ryan you will miss later..You rock at keeping track of those moments..

Shannon said...

What a sweet story about your boy... I can just see him holding up chubby fingers. And you have it recorded - right here!
btw, there is a reason your mind isn't as clear as it once was: childbirth! I am convinced I lost valuable brain cells with the birth of each child. Good thing I stopped at three, or I'd be completely useless.