Monday, December 29, 2008

A.R.K.


I wandered into the kitchen to find Rosey perched atop a chair in front of the snack cabinet.  Doors wide open and the M & M dispenser sitting on the counter.  I could hear plink...plink...plink coming from her direction.

As I got closer I could see her sorting the M & M's into a bowl.  I asked her what she was doing and was surprised by her answer. 

"I'm taking out the green and yellow ones because Rhyney doesn't like them."

I was taken aback that she was doing something so thoughtful and kind for her brother.

Has anyone seen the movie Evan Almighty?  I resisted it for a veeerrrrryyyyy long time thinking it would be cheesy.  It surprised me in many ways.  I love the humor and especially the overall message of the movie.  A.R.K.  (Acts of Random Kindness)  Give it s a shot, you might just like it!

"True Kindness is gifted in life from those who do not pretend their intent." -Ernie Vecchio

3 comments:

Tamaratravel said...

I love that Movie...Acts of Random Kindness is such a good message..wish my kids followed the theme of Evan Almighty...instead I get "why should I?" when asked to do something for the other..hopefully it will kick in at some point..Have a Great New Year...we talk more this way than by phone..what does that say?

Shannon said...

What a sweet girl. And I am going to have to give Evan Almighty a chance - thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Dont you just love when they are SO sweet! Its such a nice surprise! :) lol!