Sunday, December 14, 2008

And then there was silence...

For the past two days it has blown and blown and blown.  So much, in fact, that we had to take down our gigantic bells that were beat to heck and back.

It blew so much and was so loud that the kids started calling it Thunder.  And then at 9:30 this morning, it suddenly stopped as if realizing it had outstayed its welcome and left in a huff.  (Pun intended.)

I often wonder if Wind is natures way of cleaning up.  As much as I dislike that much wind, I like how clean everything looks.  The trees are stripped of the last straggling leaves and the grass is cleansed of all the debris it might have collected from the earlier wimpy winds.  

I could use a little wind in my house this season, and I don't mean hurricane Ryan.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Yeah, and then did you like the SUDDEN drop in temperature? We had our windows open this morning, and by the time we got out of church at 4:00 it was freezing!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you like the bags. :) Have you tried looking up the brand and model number on the Internet to see if you can order a manual?

Brian and Leilani said...

That sounds like Idaho wind...only it doesn't ever stop, or at least it seems. Hope the right kind of wind finds your house. :)

Shannon said...

Sounds eerie... after living in Muk and having part of our roof torn off, high winds always freak me out.