Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry CHRISTmas 2011

 Nothing says Feliz Navidad like this boy!
 This year we brought home a cat for Christmas.  Whose idea you might ask?
Well... let me give you a hint.
My Hero!  There is a soft spot in there for cats.  I always knew it!
NOT!  He was pretty clear when we got married that a cat would never cross our threshold.

I can't remember if he used things like "hell freezing over" or "lightening", but I am pretty sure that none of this has happened.

Phew!

Even though hell freezing over would be something to talk about.
Anyways, we now have a cat named Victoria and she pretty much runs the house.

I was joking with Mr. Finn when she was rolling around on the floor that she was saying to herself, "It's all mine!  It's all mine!".
 Santa was good to the kids this year and so were their Grandparents and Aunts and Sister.  Thanks everyone.  They really enjoyed their presents.
 Grandma Lois sent this little boy his Happy Napper and as he told her on the phone, "It's what I always wanted!".  There is truth in that.  He has mentioned it every day for the past 3 months, at least.
 And Grandma Lois got Miss Boo exactly what she needs to finish all those art projects she has started in her room and are on hold due to "lack of correct color" in the box.
Grandma Enid made the kids these wonderful magnet boards.  I just want to know where mine is?!  They are blessed with a Grandma with many talents.  Thanks!
Mr. Finn likes to pass on his childhood loves to his children.  This year it was Lincoln Logs... for obvious reasons.  They are downstairs playing with them right now.

Mr. Finn came home the other day to the kids using "Jenga" blocks to build fences.  Can you imagine how many cool fences they can make now.  It will take some instruction, because as the Dude told his Dad, "We have these at school and I don't know how to make them work.".  There you go.
 These photos are my attempt at learning to use my camera better.  I read how to take pictures with christmas lights on a blog and really wanted to see if it would work.  So here is my attempt at photographing my tree.

 These star ornaments were an idea from a wonderfully, talented woman I visiting teach. Very simple and pretty.  I have a lot in the tree, but they are huge.  She never mentioned you should start with a small piece of paper and not a full sheet.  That's how I learn though.  Lots of error.
 I have been collecting star ornaments for over 20 years.  I love what they symbolize and every year the tree gets fuller.  This year you could actually tell that I was aiming for a star theme.
 And this was thrown in because I never, ever want to forget my dear, sweet Miss Boo and all the colorfulness that is her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off that letter is HILARIOUS!! Second, those pictures are ...can I say FABULOUS!! I'd say you mastered it! VERY IMPRESSED!! Lastly, I'm SO glad you had a merry Christmas! ;)

Shannon said...

It looks like you had a very Merry Christmas! Your photography is beautiful, as is you star collection. Good luck with the new "queen" :)

Mr Finn said...

It was a Merry Christmas, very much so. Joy was had by all.