Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CHRISTmas

There are so many things about CHRISTmas that I love.
These are two of those reasons.
I had a "friend" tell me recently that Christmas is bad and wrong.  I said to her, "How can be it be so bad if it brings out the good in people?".  It may not be the real birth of our Savior, but it is a day that the majority of people worship his birth and for others it is a day of giving and family and goodwill.

She said that Santa was made up by the Catholics.  I say, "SO WHAT!".  He is a symbol of giving and kindness.  We don't worship Santa in our home.  I am sure there are many that do, but we know what the true meaning of CHRISTmas is.

You can't stand in judgement of a day because of those that don't worship the Savior.  It is a day that focuses us towards the one that can save us from ourselves.
It may not be the actual birth, but my children understand that this is about the Christ.  They know that on CHRISTmas morning they will put Jesus in the manger of our Nativity.  Their idea!  They get the meaning.

Does she?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I agree with you - even if people celebrate for different reasons than we understand, any day that brings out kindness and generosity is worth commemorating!

Ben and Laurie said...

Christmas also is a time for lots of fun traditions that give us extra reasons to get together with our friends and family. Like making rice crispy snowmen! Thanks for bringing the kids over yesterday. You guys are lots of fun! Darling pictures on this post.

Anonymous said...

WOW thats pretty sad!! I'm glad YOU stood up for what YOU believe in! And your kids!!! ADORABLE!!! How precious are they! Even the last picture! Too funny!!