Monday, November 7, 2011

Not so fast

 I am struggling with the increased rate in which my children seem to be growing up these days.  It was just yesterday she was born.  Tomorrow we are going to be beating the boys off the front porch.  I'm not ready for that.  She is a creative, spirited little girl that went from a size 7/8 to a 10/12 within a couple of months.  And the 7/8's were bought for school this year.  She has always been off the charts and she still maintains that distinction in most aspects of her life and personality.

She did tell me the other night that she is not going to grow up and stay home with me forever.  I wish!  Well... not sure if that is my wish, but it is certainly good to hear it.  One day she will be desperately wanting her own freedom.  Away from us!  That will hard.  Somedays it seems so real that it makes me sad.
I did these curls with a flat iron.  Who knew!?
 I appreciate President Uchdorf's talk about "Forget Me Nots" as it reminds us to find happiness in the now.  I have to keep reminding myself to enjoy them now... not when the laundry is done.

I wonder how many moments I have missed because I said, "Just a minute!".  The other night the two of them came running in to show me a dance they had learned (square dance) and were so excited.  I almost sent them out because I was wrapped up in something.  I am so glad I took the time to watch them.  It was hilarious and heart warming at the same time.
I love this face.  When she was born I would spend hours studying it as if I would forget something about her.  I still find her face unbelievably fascinating and wonderful.

And... I spend many moments just staring at her.  I am grateful that we are blessed to have her in our home.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

She is so beautiful! Buy a gun. A big one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Already covered.-Mr. Finn