Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wannabe Thrifty Chick

I follow the Thrifty Decor Chick.

She is a superhero of DIY on the cheap.  That at least makes her my hero.  I love doing great and wonderful things for next to nothing.  She makes it look easy.

I long to be her, well... at least have her talent.  She can also make things beautiful.   As I was out at a yard sale on Thursday, (Did you know that our entire town has a city wide yard sale once a year on the same day?  Cool, huh?  You want to be me on that day, huh?)
Well, on that day I was thinking about the cool stuff she makes and I saw this wreath, so I bought it and hung it on my door with a Command strip.  For $3.00 I got a beautiful wreath and I didn't have to pull out the hot glue gun once.

Thrifty Decor Chick... NO!  But, I am thrifty and if I can't be her, I will pat myself on the back because I have read enough of her blog to know when I am getting a fabulous deal.  That and the "cheap" gene I inherited from my Grandma.


Thanks TD Chick!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh, I love the bright fall colors! Especially popping against your black door! I want a black front door... and to go to a city wide yard sale... I need to come visit you!

Robin said...

Yes, you do! On all accounts. Plan for next year in September. We could do the citywide yard sale together. That would be fun!

grandmadebbie said...

way to go Molly Mormon!!Love you

Robin said...

That is definitely the first time I have been called that. Thanks Aunt Debbie. Love you too.

Tamaratravel said...

Great idea..I love that there are so many blogs we can steal ideas from...