Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The problem with resolutions




Last year I wanted to be a Fruit Snack for my New Years Resolution for many apparent reasons.

I forgot about one major problem with this idea.

Fruit Snacks come imprinted with expiration dates.  Shocking, I know!  But, it is true that their time does expire and they become hard...stale....and I might add, a bit grainy.

And in my quest to be like this delightful fruit snack, I ended up quite like one that was left out in the air too long.  As Miss Boo says, "Air robs food of it's freshness".  Even unto the unedible end.

This year I am going to cast off this grainy, hard exterior that encompasses my softer, dare I say...delightful side.

Even my dear little boy has turned against fruit snacks this year, boldy declaring; "They are not my favorite anymore".

I completely understand.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

hehe, I am giggling at the thought of you being a dried up fruit snack... I don't believe that could happen! "softer... delightful" has me thinking of twinkies. I don't think they EVER expire! :)

Tamaratravel said...

we all come with expiration dates..just be the kind of snack you want to be...live large baby..