Sunday, December 4, 2016

Just gone

It doesn't seem possible that he is truly gone.

He just got his eyes fixed and was so excited he could see again...and then his hearing went.

Who will I call and yell into the phone to every week?

I know his health was bad and was getting worse.  He is in a better place.  No more pain.  No more meds...the addiction is over for him.

What I am realizing this morning is that "forgiveness" is relative.  It's easier to finally let everything go when they aren't around.  The good memories seem to crowd out the bad...I am grateful for that.

I am going to miss him.  After all we have been through, he is still my Dad and I love him.

That won't change.

We love you Dad, Grandpa Gary, Bruce, Wally.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It is a tender mercy that the good memories are the ones that rise to the surface. Especially since our loved ones continue to grow and progress after this life. I like to think that when we meet again those best qualities will be the ones that have grown. Hugs to you my friend.