Monday, September 8, 2014

Trying to Transition back

Shannon challenged me to get back to blogging.  I have wanted to, but haven't been able to find my inner blogger voice.  I have been reading a lot of them but haven't had much to say, so here goes.

Thanks Shannon!


Top Ten Thoughts While Transitioning


1. Favorite memory from June

Can I say I don't remember that month, because I don't.  Not so much!
2. Favorite memory from July
Nyoka and the kids came to visit for a week and then the Jacksons came for a day and then Cherra for a couple hours.  This happened back to back.
3. Favorite memory from August
Painting the rocking chairs turquoise blue. (Mr. Finn was not as excited.  He says they go with nothing.  My point exactly.)  And I decided to cut my hair off and dye it Chocolate Cherry. Figured if I couldn't lose the weight, I could fix the hair.




4. Best thing you ate over Summer vacation
Red velvet cheesecake
5. Something you wish you did, but never got around to
Swim more with the kids.
6. Favorite song right now
Spirit in the Sky.  Hasn't changed much since the 80's for me.  Could listen to it at any given moment and it would make me move.
7. Favorite fall fashion item
Grey mid thigh sweater.  Goes with everything.
8. Favorite thing to do with your family in the fall
Pick out pumpkins at the patch and play with the new kittens that roam free there.
9. What you can't wait to cook/ eat this fall
Hot Cocoa with baguette bread every morning.  Makes me happy.
10. A goal you have for this school year
Have the kids be more self reliant.  i.e.: make own lunches, etc.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Welcome back! I have missed you! It sounds like you had a very busy summer with house guests coming one after another. We had a summer like that a couple of years ago; at the end of August we realized that we had 5 total days ALL SUMMER without company. It was fun, but I remembering being hugely relieved when Labor Day weekend was over, haha.
Also, I LOVE your hair! And cocoa every morning? I seriously wish we still lived five minutes apart. :)
Thanks for taking time to do this!