Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter blessings

 This year seemed so much more than years past.  Maybe it was that the kids were older and really understood the reason for Easter.  They still look forward to the easter bunny and looking for eggs after church, but they really understood that this was about the Savior.  I loved that.  I don't know if I knew that as a kid.  I really don't think I got it.  I remember having a new dress, dyeing eggs, easter baskets and egg hunts, but not church, the Savior and certainly not the Resurrection.

My kids are in a much better place than I was.  I'm not saying that I wasn't taught, but I do not remember.
 Not that it put all of my children in a better mood.  This was the best one of got of them.  Oh well, at least it is a memory for them when they are older.
 My present this year was a visit from my dear friend Chris.  I didn't realize HOW much I missed her until we hugged when they arrived very late Saturday night.  She was a huge part of my life through one of the biggest challenges and changes that I went through.  She was my rock and made me laugh.

She told me about a job shortly after I moved into her ward, which turned out to be a job working with her for several years.  We had such a great time together.  I really can't imagine having the courage to walk away from my marriage without knowing that she was there.  She wanted me to be happy and didn't like that I wasn't.  I will always be grateful for her.  I have been blessed with amazing friends through my life.
Wow!
I have been so blessed.

They were on their way to start serving a mission in Ohio.  So glad I was on the way.  We realized that she had never officially met my children.  That is way too long.  At least I know we will visit again in two years when she comes back by on her way home. Hopefully it won't be that long ever again.
I am grateful for the Savior, for his atonement that has allowed healing, the release of heartaches and for the joy that has come from the knowledge that he gave his life willingly for me to be happy.  And that He has blessed me with those that have always guided me in the right direction.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a wonderful reunion - and best wishes to your friends as they serve their mission! I, too, am thankful for the atonement. Thank you for your thoughtful words.

Ben and Laurie said...

Brie saw the pictures of Ryan and Rose and said, "Ahhhh...they're so cute!" I have to agree. Your friend seems like one of those people God knew you needed. I'm sure she loved the reunion with you too!

Brian and Leilani said...

I'm so glad that you got to see them! Doesn't that make it worth not being in Hawaii?? :) I'm so glad that she was your friend so you could be my friend too!