Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Parallels


I attended a funeral yesterday for the son of my visiting teacher.
I found myself grieving anew for my son that passed 
away last November.  I felt so selfish.  
This was about THEIR son that passed away from a heart
attack at 42 after having suffered the effects of 
schizophrenia from the age of 18.

I drew parallels with the life of my son.

I didn't attend his funeral and I found myself 
so full of emotion as I sat there looking at 
the casket of their son.

Our bishop spoke to the family and shared this thought:

If you take sorrow out of death...

...you take love out of life.

And it helped me to finally openly cry and feel sadness for him.

I never really understood funerals.  So sad, so depressing.

But, I get now that there is a need for a release of emotions.

A time to mourn.

Because of the love you had for that person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!! Just know that!

SwedenMissionaryMom said...

Good thought. I am going to remember this for my friend who lost her father last week. Funeral on Thursday.